MILWAUKEE, WI - (July 23, 2018) – Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. (MWF) is excited to announce that Jazz Visions on the Lake, a FREE one-day community event showcasing local jazz music will be held at Henry Maier Festival Park on Sunday, August 5, 2018 from 1 - 6:00 p.m. at the Johnson Controls World Sound Stage.
Jazz Visions on the Lake is a partnership between MWF and Milwaukee Jazz Vision and supported by the Summerfest Foundation, Inc, IATSE – Local 18 and Clearwing Productions and offers fans the opportunity to enjoy the sounds of live jazz along the shores of Lake Michigan. Entertainment for 2018 includes:
- 1:00 – 1:45 p.m. - Wisconsin Conservatory of Music — Jazz Institute Big Band -
- The Wisconsin Conservatory of Music provides musical experiences to students from age four months to senior, both amateur and professional and has one of the longest running jazz education programs in the country.
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. - Juli Wood -
- For the past twenty years with four albums as a leader and countless worldwide performances, saxophonist, vocalist and composer Juli Wood has established herself as a solid, swinging, lyrical and entertaining performer.
- 3:15 - 4:15 p.m. – Curt Hanrahan Quartet -
- Curt Hanrahan is the Artistic Director of the Milwaukee Jazz Orchestra and recently retired as head of jazz studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He has worked with artists such as Tony Bennett, Rosemary Clooney, Cab Calloway, the Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra, Harry Connick Jr., the Arturo Sandoval Big Band, Manhattan Transfer, the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, Doc Severinsen, Frank Sinatra Jr., and Ray Charles.
- 4:30 - 6:00 p.m. – MKE Visions Collective (Premier Performance) -
- A group committed to exploring what Jazz can be, presenting a younger generation of creative musicians with old and new connections to Milwaukee. The seven member band focuses on new visions and sophisticated arrangements, full of soul and heartfelt improvisations.
Jazz Visions on the Lake is a FREE event - FREE ADMISSION and limited FREE PARKING. In addition, free bike parking is available inside the gate.
Food and beverages will be available for purchase from select vendors. Guests will enter through the Mid-Gate and security screening will be enforced, including metal detection. No backpacks are allowed.
For complete details on events happening at Henry Maier Festival Park throughout the summer, visit the Henry Maier Festival Park Calendar of Events at Summerfest.com.