Transportation and Parking
Security policies - Summerfest encourages guests to leave their bags at home to cut down on waiting at the gate for security. Visitors will enter the festival through metal detection and should be prepared to comply with security requirements. All bags are subject to inspection prior to entering. NO BACKPACKS or bags larger than 9x10x12 will be allowed on the grounds. Read the full security policies in our FAQ section.
Transportation and parking options for Summerfest 2018 include:
Your Best Route
Summerfest is set on Lake Michigan in downtown Milwaukee. Remember to plan ahead and allow extra time for travel. We have listed some sample routes to Summerfest parking lots below. Each section (North, South. West) details several route options.
Milwaukee County Transit System
Milwaukee County Transit System offers easy options that get you straight to the gates of Summerfest. Catch a Milwaukee County Transit System Freeway Flyer from a Park-Ride lot or take advantage of the Downtown Shuttle. You are encouraged to purchase a MCTS•CARD in advance. Get your MCTS M•CARD online here
MCTS Freeway Flyer Service
For a fast and easy way to the Summerfest Mid Gate, park at any of the following Park-Ride lots and hop on a Freeway Flyer to Summerfest:
- College: College Avenue, at I-94 (both lots)
- Whitnall/Hales Corners: I-43, east of S. 108th Street
- State Fair Park: I-94, S. 76th and W. Kearney (limited amount of free parking available)
- Watertown Plank Road: Watertown Plank Road, west of U.S. Hwy 45
- Holt: Holt Avenue, west of I-94
- Loomis: Loomis Road, south of Coldspring Road
- Brown Deer East: Brown Deer Road, west of I-43
- Saukville Walmart: 33/Green Bay Ave. east of I-43
- Grafton Target/Home Depot: 60 west of I-43
- Weekday Schedule (Approximate Times)
- 11:30 am – 5:00 pm: Service every 30 minutes from Park-Ride lots and Summerfest
- 5:00 pm – 12:30 am: Service every 15 minutes from Park-Ride lots and Summerfest
- Weekend Schedule (Saturday and Sunday – Approximate Times)
- 11:30 am – 12:30 am: Service every 15-20 minutes from Park-Ride lots and Summerfest
- Freeway Flyer round-trip cash fares: $7. Pre-Fare Digital Ticket: $6.
- Freeway Flyer round-trip with MCTS M•CARD: Stored value of $5. Riders with a 1-, 7- or 31-Day Pass on an M•CARD add $2.50 (cash or stored value). Valid M•CARD Transfer add $2.50 (cash or stored value).
- Exact fare is required. Operators cannot make change. Children under age 6 ride free when accompanied by an adult. Children, Seniors, and Disabled persons may be eligible for reduced fare. Visit RideMCTS.com for more information. U-PASS (Summer Semester), Freedom Pass, GO Pass and the Commuter Value Pass are accepted as full fare on all MCTS buses.
Uber To The Fest
- Rides are available on-demand 24/7 so no reservations needed.
- To help concertgoers easily meet their drivers, Uber and Summerfest have teamed up to create special Uber Zones for pickups and drop-offs. The main Uber Zone is located right outside of the Mid Gate at E. Chicago St. & N. Jackson St.
- To request an Uber ride, Summerfest attendees will need to:
- Open the Uber app · Enter drop-off location · Confirm pickup location · Select preferred vehicle · Tap the “Request” button
- New users can get a free ride (up to $15) using code Summerfest2017. Offer valid through 11:59PM on 7/9/17.
Pick-up and Drop-off Zones
- E. Clybourn St. and Lincoln Memorial Drive
- E. Chicago St. & N. Jackson St.
- E. Summerfest Place & N. Jackson St.
Bus Shuttle Services
Many local bars and restaurants run shuttle services to and from Summerfest. View the 2017 shuttle guide that lists a number of options all across the city. Courtesy of our friends at OnMilwaukee.
Wisconsin Coach Lines / Coach USA Milwaukee - Waukesha County Service
For the 25th consecutive year, Wisconsin Coach Lines takes you to Summerfest with safe, convenient, and affordable service straight to the Mid-Gate. Park for free at any of the 4 Park and Ride lots
- The shuttle originates from the Nagawaukee Park-Ride in Delafield (Hwy 83 and I-94). Other pick-ups include the Meadowbrook Park-Ride lot (I-94 and County Highway G), the Goerke’s Corners Park-Ride lot (I-94 and Barker Road), and Eble Park Ice Arena (19400 W. Bluemound Rd.).
- Service runs every 30 minutes.
- The shuttle drop-off and pick-up at Summerfest is located west of the Mid Gate on Chicago Street.
- The shuttle operates every day of Summerfest beginning at 11:00 am with the last shuttle departing Summerfest at 12:15 am.
- Round-trip tickets are $10 and purchased at point of origin. Children under 12 who are accompanied by an adult are only $5 round-trip through the 3PM departure to Summerfest.
- Call (262) 542-8861 or visit WisconsinCoach.com for more information.
Racine & Kenosha Service
Wisconsin Coach Lines does not have dedicated service to Summerfest, but offers 7 northbound and southbound weekday trips and 4 weekend/holiday trips per day as part of their daily commuter service to serve Racine and Kenosha Summerfest attendees with a bus stop 2 blocks from the North Gate. Call (262) 542-8861 or visit WisconsinCoach.com for route and fare information.
Ozaukee County Express
The Milwaukee County Transit System operates service from Ozaukee County straight to Summerfest.
- Buses pick up at the Saukville Walmart (Hwy 33 and Green Bay Ave.) and Target/Home Depot (Hwy 60) in Grafton.
- Service runs every 15 to 30 minutes depending on the time and day.
- Round-trip fare is $7 cash, $6 Pre-Fare Digital Ticket or $5 M•CARD. Riders with a 1-, 7- or 31-Day Pass on an M•CARD add $2.50 (cash or stored value). Valid M•CARD Transfer add $2.50 (cash or stored value).
- Exact fare is required. Operators cannot make change.
- Children under age 6 ride free when accompanied by an adult. Children, Seniors and Disabled persons may be eligible for reduced fare.
- Visit RideMCTS.com for more information.
GO Riteway Summerfest Shuttle from Washington County
Park your car - it’s FREE. Then, take GO Riteway’s shuttle to Summerfest from two convenient locations in Washington County: the Washington County Fair Park, Highway 45 and Pleasant Valley Road and the Life Church parking lot, in Germantown Center, Mequon Road and Squire Drive.
- Daily round-trip service is offered throughout the day, beginning at 11:00 a.m. from Washington County Fair Park; and 11:30 a.m. from the Life Church parking lot in Germantown.
- Return service from Summerfest is offered hourly from 4:00 pm with the final bus departing Summerfest at 12:30 am. GO Riteway’s drop-off and pick-up location at Summerfest is the North Gate.
- Round-trip fare to the Fest is $16 for adults and $5 for children under 12.
- For more information, visit goriteway.com or call GO Riteway Transportation Group, (262) 677-3282.
Badger Bus Madison Service
Badger Bus will offer special service from Madison to Summerfest 5 times a day during the festival.
- Return schedule from Summerfest will operate four (4) times each day. Please check the online schedule at badgerbus.com for details on the Summerfest schedule.
- The bus will drop off and pick up at the corner of East Michigan and Jackson Street, four blocks from the Summerfest North Gate.
- Purchase tickets at BadgerBus.com/Summerfest for a special online round trip fare from Madison to Summerfest of only $25.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Summerfest Car / Bike / Motorcycle Parking
Car: Parking lots open daily at 9:00 am. All parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. Pre-paid parking passes for specific dates during Summerfest may be purchased online. Preferred parking is $25 a day and Premier is $40 a day. There is no RV parking on the Summerfest grounds. For information on nearby RV parking please visit the Wisconsin State Fair RV park. Accessible parking spaces are available in Lot H. Vehicles must have appropriate plates or permits to park in accessible spaces. If you are parking at Summerfest for a show at the American Family Insurance Amphitheater, please plan enough time to navigate traffic and park, prior to concert start time, as lots fill up quickly.
Motorcycle: Free motorcycle parking is located near the Mid Gate and opens at 9:00 am, sponsored by Harley-Davidson®, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bicycle: Bicycle parking is located near the Mid, North and South Gates.
Bublr Bikes: Milwaukee’s bike share program. Bublr Bike Stations are available across the area. For information on station locations and how to borrow a bike, visit bublrbikes.com.
Let Park Milwaukee help you get the most out of your Milwaukee experience with the least amount of hassle. For an extensive list of public parking lots in the area, visit Park Milwaukee.
TRAIN SERVICE TO MILWAUKEE
Amtrak Hiawatha Service
Coming to Summerfest from Chicago or Racine/Kenosha? This summer, jam without traffic by taking the train with Amtrak Hiawatha Service between Chicago and Milwaukee. Amtrak Hiawatha offers easy access to Summerfest from the downtown Milwaukee Intermodal Station. You can catch the train from Chicago Union Station, Glenview in the northern suburbs and Sturtevant in the Racine/Kenosha Area. Saturdays of Summerfest Amtrak runs their Night Moves service so that guests travelling the Milwaukee-Chicago corridor can stay longer to enjoy their evening. Visit AmtrakHiawatha.com for details.